ERASMUS PLUS PROGRAMME
NEST is financed under the Erasmus Plus Programme, Key Action 2 – Strategic partnerships for adult education. The project is targeted to social operators working in the reception services for migrants, asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection.
NEST aims to promote higher levels of social and labour integration of Asylum Seekers (AS) and Beneficiaries of International Protection (BoIP) by setting the following goals:
- Raise awareness about the local private & public services and policies related to social and economic integration of Asylum Seekers (AS) and beneficiaries of International Protection (BoIP) operating in project countries;
- Increase knowledge and skills on possible actions to improve the socio-economic integration of AS and BoIP in different areas;
- Increase competences of adult learners working in the social sector (including strategic soft & technical skills, as well as cross-cutting digital competences);
- Increase mutual cooperation and strategic alliance among Research Institutions and NGOs working in the field of socio-economic integration of foreigners;
- Increase digital competences and awareness of local services of end-users thanks to the use of the practical, intuitive tools;
- Enhance employability of AS and BoI.
(1) Development of guidelines on policies and services currently available in Italy, Spain, Slovenia and Sweden for AS and BoIP integration, based on a qualitative and quantitative analysis. This will help NGOs to better know the EU context on this topic and to have an overview on good practices that can be transferred in their context.
(2) Activation of 3 transnational trainings targeted to social operators and development of an overall training methodology aiming at enhancing operators’ soft and technical skills on 6 main topics
(3) Elaboration of a user-friendly toolkit suitable for mobile devices, aimed to support professional operators’ activities and also to facilitate beneficiaries in accessing local fundamental services.